Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

butchery

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by cats, Nov 20, 2005.

1. finaly got arount to stripping a bike ive recently aquired .... some tosser had refitted the headers at one point and not used gaskets .... ... awsome ... nothing like filing rusted exhaust collets that are rusted beond all hope of revival .... that silicone was used to seal em with ............ heres a goodie .whats ya worst case of post owner ... butchery you have encountered ??????

2. Saw an example of a job done too well on eswen's bike this weekend. The tailpipe was clamped to the engine pipe as it should be. But, inside the joint was a few inches of Locktite muffler putty (I've used that stuff to reattach pipes that have snapped in half, so I know it bonds well) mixed with copper wire to add to the strengh. Removal wasn't the WD-40 on the rust type job we'd initially suspected and I failed dismally.

3. Job for an angle grinder perhaps Seany?

4. You'd have to ask Pete the Pom. :wink: