Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

But seriously, where is this global warming???

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hornet, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Since the 'scientific' evidence for global warming lies in a relatively (in evolutionary terms) short-term snapshot of weather and trends, can we not do the same? Sydney has recorded its coldest August for over 60 years and in the northern hemisphere, England has had its coldest and wettest August (summer) since records started being kept.

So when will global warming kick in so we can ride in warm fine weather every weekend and during the week too? :LOL:.

2. If you have ever watched the movie "The Day after tomorrow", I think you will find that it sums it up pretty well.

Our climate depends upon a balance of fresh and salt water in the North Atlantic Current. With all the polar ice caps melting, it is pouring an unknown amount of salt/freshwater into this current.

As this current is now out of balance, our weather will become extreme until the water level returns to the correct balance. Until it is corrected, we can expect some unusual weather. I also expect it to get worse. Well at least it did in the movie.

I like this theory of how it all worked. It is also one of my favorite movies. Right up there with Top Gun.
  3. Which was a fly on the wall documentary.

4. Hey guys, I'm concerned about the degradation of culture and influence of modern civilisation and technology on less advanced groups of indigenous peoples. What do you think?

If you have ever watched the movie "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom", I think you will find that sums it up pretty well.
  5. I am also concerned with the degradation of QANTAS' safety record, it is summed up perfectly in Flying High!.
  6. Surely you can't be serious? :rofl:
  7. He is Vic,

But don't call him Shirley! :LOL:
  8. Proof

The truth is out there! :roll:
  9. Two words for you: La fcuken Nina
  10. two words?
  11. :shock: :shock: :shock:
  12. Russ, it's a riff on Dennis Leary's 'Assh0le' song:

"I've got two words for you:
    Nuclear fcuking weapons"
  13. It's no longer Global Warming, Hornet, it's "Climate Change". Keeps things nice and open ended.

It's all crap to move more product and tax us more.

14. :oops:

didn't pick it
  15. Aaaahhh Dougal, very good.

Since Pro Pilot left, we haven't had much of this.
  16. Have you ever seen Hornet and ProPilot in the same room togethor??
  17. You should be ashamed of yourselves!
    Why aren’t you doing your bit by having short showers & (waiting for) using public transport?
    Can’t you see it’s up to all of us to save the future for our children?
    There is only so much governments of the world can do.
    (End sarcasm)

If you are doing your bit, you’re doing it for yourself & how you want other people to regard you.
  18. +1 Quarterwit. Global warming has been renamed Climate change.

Just did a google on the hadCRUT data - this is the data that skeptics use to show that global warming has plateaud(sp?) and inded use it to show evidence of global cooling. There was a large steady downward dip between Sept '07 to Jan '08 however the rest of this year has totally wiped that cooling out. The anomoly is now at about the average value for this decade.

Anyway, take from that what you wish.

hadCRUT data: http://hadobs.metoffice.com/hadcrut3/diagnostics/global/nh+sh/monthly

Plot the first two columns on a spreadsheet.
  19. Evolution! Where is Paul and what have you done with him you hornet600 imposter??? :p :LOL:
  20. [​IMG]

I can't see what the problem is.