Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Business Phone systems

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by froggy, May 22, 2009.

1. Does anyone use a business quality VOIP? How does it compare to normal landline quality- delay, echo etc?

I am in the process of starting a business to be ready in the next month or so, but to do any of my stationery etc I need phone numbers.

I am seriously looking at the fax to email services, seems like a great idea. And for only $10pm you get a dedicated number too.

In the initial phase I will be running from home and in all likeliness will be a one person operation for the time being. I currently have a phone/broadband plan costing about $50 but need a phone number for my business calls. I don't care really who or where, as long as the quality is there. The last thing I want is to sound like I am in a toilet.

I am considering also the Virgin broadband at home deal and using the number it provides as the business number.

The benefit of the virgin or VOIP systems is the lack of a fixed line:- meaning when the office moves, I can just pick the system up and relocate. I also avoid the line installation fees.

2. engine is good for voip. i never had a problem with them.