Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Burgman 400 accessories

Discussion in 'Scooters' at netrider.net.au started by Sams, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Hi guys

I just test rode the Burger 400 on Saturday and can't wipe the smile off my face. Will be definitely getting it in the next couple of weeks!

I have some questions and hoping someone can help me out. I noticed that the factory standard screen was a bit of an annoyance. It buffeted my helmet around, which I guess I am not used to, but have been reading that the shorter, after market screen has proven popular. My concern is that I would prefer a higher screen - is there such a thing?

Also, the Suzuki site doesn't give any accessory options for the 400 - plenty for the 650 and 250, nada for the 400. I was hoping to become accustomed to heated handle grips and other lurks and perks! Help! I would almost assume that the heated handle bar grips would be the same on the 650 and 400, but hey, I'm just a girl and I could be very wrong.

Am looking forward to having a bit more power on the road, after having owned an Arriba 150 for the last three years. :grin:

2. Was the screen adjusted to its highest position ?

I'm sure the screen has three settings it can be adjusted to.

Yeah, the 400 rocks.
    I got a got look at one when I was doing my P's.
    One of the guys doing the test came with a Burgman 400 !! :eek:

And he passed !!

3. I read the review of these in the latest 2 wheels Scooter mag, & I'd love to test ride one! Unfortunately my locaql scooter shop doesn't stock them though. My Sportcity is only about 6 months old, so it's too early to be thinking of trading him in anyway. :roll:

4. Hrm. I forgot about it being adjustable. Damn! I could have checked it. I might need to take it for another test ride! Oh, the shame of it!! :wink:

Yeh, I am quite in love with the 400. Very smooth compared to the Arriba 150 I had. If there were bumps in the road, you didn't feel it on the burger.

A guy turned up to do his Ps test with a 400?? How is that possible?!

5. As I understand it, a 400 is learner legal.

6. LAMS approved in NSW maybe, poster is in Melbourne yes?

Regards, Andrew.