Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bunch of Q's to get my ZZR250 RWC

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Minko, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Getting a zzr250 upto spec for RWC...

Currently has a mod plate to say its a 1 seater however it still has the duel seat & mounting points for pegs(the RWC guys dont like this) so rather than fix that can i just rip the plate off or just ignore it & i will be right to register as two seater?

The front forks are leaking out the top...how do i fix this? just replace those top seals will do it? or more complicated

I have the rear brake & indicators that they are imported with, apparently to compliance them another set of indicators is added? Anyone know exactually what i need so i can grab a set?

Any help appreciated :)

2. You need the rear pegs for it to be rego'd as a 2 seater, and it might cost you more for rego it depends where you live, but there should be nothing else stopping you from doing that. You may have to tell the peeps behind the desk that you want this. I don't think you can if you're on L's, not sure.

Fork seals will fix the leaking forks, don't be tempted to buy cheap generic seals (i.e. eBay) they'll leak again in no time, get the proper gear from a Kwaka dealer. It can take a while to change them, but get a workshop manual and it'll be no trouble with the right tools.

The only roadworthy issue with import indicators is that the total width is too narrow for our regulations sometimes. Buy another generic set from any dealer and bolt them on. To be sure they're legal, you could measure up another zzr.

Cheers.

3. Cheers for that ill try replacing those seals this weekend :grin:
    Checked out some pics of ZZR's they are just two tiny indicators directly under the current ones but i guess i have to do it! :mad:

4. Don't forget to check the disc thickness with verniers min thickness should be stamped on disc, check for notchiness in steering head, play in swing arm bushes, get a torch and check brake pad thickness, bounce the bike on the front brakes check for dampning (should be ok if correct oil level and type used in forks), bounce on rear shock for dampning look for weeping or oil on shaft of shock.

amazing how many bikes come in for roadworthy thinking new tyres and working lights is all thats needed