Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

webBikeWorld Bull-it Roadster and Carbon CE-Rated Denim Jacket Review

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by NetriderBot, Jan 18, 2015.

1. #1 NetriderBot, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
    Both of the Bull-it denim jackets are an interesting take on the "casual-looks-meets-serious-protection" type of motorcycle gear. The Covec SR6 protective liner appears to be a promising alternative to some of the other "superfabrics" like Kevlar and other Aramids.

The thermal heat transfer aspect is particularly interesting and something I had not considered before. With quality protectors (which would mandate the optional back protector), these jackets should provide pretty good protection for the street.

Bull-it offers jackets in these two styles and I think together they cover a wide variety of tastes. I personally like the simpler and understated look of the Carbon jacket but I think the café racer and cruiser crowds will dig the look of the Roadster.

Versatility is the keyword here; I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a motorcycle jacket that can provide this much protection while at the same time look perfectly normal when it is worn to a casual dinner or an evening at the pub. The fact that the hood can help keep your ears warm on a chilly evening is a nice bonus.

more »