Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by jphanna, Jan 17, 2011.

1. yesterday i was doing my usual hills loop and was at the halfway mark having a cuppa, then took off to continue the rest of the loop.

now not long into it, i felt a stinging, injection like pain, in my upper, inner thigh. i couldnt look down, as i was on a narrrow winding road. i was thinking if a spider crawled into my jeans while i was sitting down there is no way it could survive the pressure INSIDE my jeans as they sit tight especially around the thigh...so it must be penetrating through the jeans.....

can a bee string though jeans? what else could it be? today there is a welt the size of my hand there, and itchy and red. the puncture mark is clearly visable.
  2. Could of been a wasp
  3. If your limbs haven't fallen yet you have nothing to worry about
  4. Trouser snake?
  5. I've certainly had wasps (European variety) sting me through heavy denim. Not sure how they'd go with kevlar as well.

I'd wonder about march flies too. It's a bit late in the season, over here at least, but they've got a proboscis like a leather needle. Let's face it, they can bite cows and we're always being told how much tougher leather is than denim :D.
  6. i'd go with wasp too. marchies generally don't leave a welt, they look like mozzie bite on steroids (though i haven't been in marchie territory for 20 years so i could be wrong there)