Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bugs hitting visor

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by sloany, May 8, 2010.

?
  1. Wipe it off

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Ignore it

41 vote(s)
    75.9%
  3. Other

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. You're riding down a road, then BLAM! A bug hits you in the middle of the visor.

Do you wipe it away, leaving a smear on your visor, or ignore it hoping it'll eventually come off?

2. I ignore it.... wiping it makes the mess in front of your eyes bigger.

3. I don't have a windscreen on my bike I have a flyscreen, that way they can't get me.

You should try it :)

4. What is 'other'?

5. Eat it perhaps? Bear Grills would.

6. Pretend I'm Bono and feed them to the starvin children

7. Im always glad I have a visor, especially when they crash into mine.

8. ...at first i tried bug repellant but it didn't work. So now I'm considering taping a lizard to my helmet to catch them. Does anyone know what kind of lizard has the longest tongue?

Also would this work up north with a cane toad? Can someone try it for me?
    ametha I'm looking at you ;)

9. Wear an open faced helmet with your mouth open?

10. for me - just leave it. it'll rain at some point during my ride :D

11. right glove

12. Wouldn't it be more of a pain to clean the bug off the glove later? I'd definitely ignore =x

13. I ignore it for a while, but when I stop I clean it off. My Ventura bag has a cloth and a mini can of cleaner in it.

Once I had a massive insect hit my visor, don't know what it was. But I couldn't see out of the left side of my visor.

14. Heretic!

15. Chef, errr, ummm, do you mind if I pass on the cane toad experiment? Although Im sure some of the bugs that have splattered all over my visor have been about as big as one.......

16. the big dragonflies are the worst as they turn into a giant mass of goop that covers almost the whole visor...
    Beetles make a big noise aswell...

17. I wipe it if it's my clear visor, leave it if it's my tinted.

I wash the clear one at servo's, and gloves you just interchange daily. I've got about 5 pairs.

18. In the days when I used to ride pillion, I had a magpie peck at my visor while we were doing about 80kph. We had friends following who said it had been following us for a while, all I knew of it was when its face suddenly appeared right in front of me and it pecked at my visor. I gave a great lurch forward and hubby kept on riding. He thought all that had happened was that I had sneezed..............

19. Other...

I wipe it which smears it across my entire visor... then I get annoyed and try flipping the visor up out of the way, but that is annoying at speed. So then I scan the sides of the road for a nice clean puddle, pull over and start washing my 'face' from the puddle until the bug is gone.

Get some funny looks from people in cars though...