Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bugger

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by mike8863, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Daryl Beattie disqualified for refusing breath test
    August 10, 2010 - 4:32PM

Motor racing commentator Daryl Beattie has been disqualified from driving for a year and fined $500 for failing to give a breath test in Sydney.

The 39-year-old, from Narrabeen on Sydney's northern beaches, was stopped for a random breath test almost two weeks ago while driving in Neutral Bay.

Following a positive result, he was taken to North Sydney police station where he refused a subsequent direction for a second test to confirm his blood-alcohol level.

AAP

Not a person that I would have expected would pull this sort of an idiot trick....](*,)

2. what an idiot.

3. He should have just talked on and on about a random topic and quietly slipped away once everyone fell asleep.

4. So he got caught drink driving big deal. Refuses the second test to confirm the level which means automatic high range charge with no level recorded. Doesn't sound as bad as someone saying to his boss, "did you hear Beattie went .23?" Maybe not such an idiot trick after all.

5. the idiot trick being drink driving in the first place.......](*,)

6. =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

7. if he was a judge he could have said someone else was driving and strung the whole deal out for years

8. And then gone to gaol over a ticket...

9. Not really.

10. It amazes me to hear (from my parents and their friends) about nights where they got absolutely tanked and drove home (before the days of breath testing). I don't know anyone my age that drinks and drives... The only person who does does so while high and gets chewed out about it . Drug driving is taken pretty seriously now..