Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bugga. Fabric paint and mats xmas pressie

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by es, Dec 18, 2005.

1. no not that one, the other one.

Making up mats OTHER xmas pressie with white fabric paint and got some on my doonah cover... now it looks like its got giant cum stains on it!!!

Trying to figure out a way to get rid of the stains. Help?
    the stuff sets completly after 8 hours. I chucked it in the wash, hope that helps. ahhhhrrrrggg. :(

2. any other suggestions?
  3. What's the paint you used, chances are anything that'll remove that might bleach the colour out too. First step would be to try something like metho (or vodka).
  4. same stuff different bottle!! :LOL:
  5. Well I guess it's hard now if you haven't got it out.
  6. go here if you want to see mats xmas pressie....
    some pics NWS

unfortunatly paint has no instructions on removal, and doesnt say what kind of base it is, it notes its acid free which is very helpful.
    im gunna go check out the line and see if washing it helped at all.
  7. I've got a heap of MSDSs on my computer, let me know what brand it is and I might be able to figure out what'll work.
  8. Nah no matches for that product. Quite possible that it's a polymer that irreversibly sets when the carrier solution evaporates - once set it becomes insoluble in pretty much anything (like tye sealant). If it doesn't dissolve in alcohol you could try petrol (jumbo size molotv :LOL:) otherwise you might just be stuck with it. (Perhaps Mat might be getting a matching doona cover for his next birthday).
  9. bugga.
    i made him a sheet.