Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buell Firebolt

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by ricomac, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Anyone own or ridden one of these? Are they more/less agressive than the Honda Firestorm? Just wondering guys...........

2. Yeah I've been thinking the same thing for a while.

I would really like to know what they are like. They do have some cool features and they even look half decent. Still sorry ricomac I can't tell you how they ride.

3. I have not seen one of these, neither in flesh nor in photo.

4. Well kanduli this might help.

http://www.buell.com/en_au/bikes/firebolt/xb12r/gallery.asp

I particularly love the belt drive, front brake rotor and the exhaust. Although I would love to see a full fairing version.

5. I know it isn't the same bike but this might get you started on what riding a Buell might be like...

Loz's XB9S review

6. truck driver owns buell, mechanic owns firestorm.
    buell pretty much nails poor honda in most respects, as far as i was prepared to push them (as i cant exactly replace them).
    i enjoyed the torque of the buell, much better feel than the honda.
    and thats from a honda man...

i think the buell would benefit from having a greater angle in their v-twin, just to make it run & sound as smooth as the honda.

bang for buck?
    a little more for the buell, but felt like it was worth a little more. nimble, compact, low centre of gravity and loved cornering.

if only they could make a GOOD motor, i would probably buy one.

7. How much for this Buell?? Says contact the dealer for the RRP.

8. I think, and this is just from what I thought I have heard, they go for about $12,000. So they are pretty good value.

Although I could be greatly mistaken.

9. 06 xb12r $16000 2 weeks ago he bought it, and the 06 firestorm...ummm.....$13000? i think that was during the runout sale

10. That's not TOO bad. Way too early for me to think about ANY upgrade, but I sort of like it, it looks better the longer you look at it ;).

A dumb question now, what country makes them? I don't know anythin' about them but seen a few naked ones I liked.

11. Well the Buell comes from America, where the soultion for more power is more cubs. :) Hence the 1200cc

And the engine actually comes from HD.

But I agree, the longer you look at them the beeter they are, but they really do have some cool features.

12. xb12 versions are $18500 + onroads so they aren't cheap. they have that runout till the end of the month for the 06 models, but the only ones left i can find are $1000 off. new 07 models are meant to arrive in the next week or 2, and im getting a xb12 firebolt yeah!!

13.  Top