Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buderim to Montville the long way. Suggestions

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Jethro, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Hi All,

I have just moved back to Queensland and I am wanting to do a ride from Buderim to Montville. I have booked the wife and I into Mayfield on Montville for a night.

We are wanting to do a ride that will take us a couple of hours making a few stops along the way.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.....
  2. My suggestion would be this. Go to Monville direct - stop, have a coffee, then do a lap, either back to Montville again or just break off at the top and head back, as shown in my map

[edit] Oh, and hello Jethro, and welcome to Netrider. Nice little part of the world you've settled in there. Some excellent riding roads right on your doorstep.
  3. Another option, down mons rd to forest glen, then ilkey rd to Eudlo, then to mooloolah, tunnel ridge road to landsborough, old gympie rd to beerwah, then turn right and head up peachester. Stanley river rd tho maleny then cruise into montville.
  4. Nice one. Used that one a fair bit when I lived in Buderim.
    Or lol
    Go over the back of bud. Down fishermans road to the multi sports complex just past the poo factory. Left onto the Bli Bli road. Go along past erbachers and hang a left at the Matilda and head onto the nambour road. Take yuor first left onto Kiel Mnt road. Keep on that past the Nmabour christain college and head towards mapleton. Turn right onto the hungie about 3klicks past Mapleton. Just after a small bridge that is a 90 right on and 90 left off and that brings you out @ Montville. Right in the middle of the shop
  5. Thanks guys. A couple of fantastic suggestions which I will have a good look at. Will post back once I have sorted it out. Cheers Jamie
  6. Just went out on my first proper ride out that way and I must say obi obi road coming up into Mapleton is a must, it was great!
  7. Just make sure you are coming from the Kenilworth side towards Mapleton, not the otherway round. It is dirt on the downhill side, but excellent tarmac on the way up.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. :) I use to make my students go down that dirt bit so we could do the one way bit twice lol.
    Nah they didn't have to. But they all did.
  9. Oh of cause! Lindsay Rd in Buderim is pretty good as well.