Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bucket racing in Victoria?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by duncan_bayne, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Hi All,

Is there anyone in Victoria racing buckets? I like the looks of this:

... as a fun and importantly cheap way of getting into racing, but NSW is a long way to go from Upwey in order to race bikes (for me at least) :)

Anyone know of anyone doing a similar thing here in Victoria?

Duncan Bayne
  2. The commuterlite class sounds interesting. Sort of like the YZF-R125 Cup but for old(er) gits on a budget.
  3. If you do the Hartwell series you'd be riding in the "Superlight" class. For Interclub the organisers would probably put you in your year category for "Formula 2".
    Cheap, fun racing until the bug bites harder.
  4. In Victoria you could look at "club sport" which is a budget class for 250/4cyl like Kawa zx2r, Honda CBR250rr etc....Good first contact is the guys at Vic Wreckers in Hiedelberg, or Preston Club. Next racing would be the Interclub meeting at Broadford on Novenmber 21.
  5. #5 icestorm, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  6. Definitely looks interesting. I'll have to look into it when I actually have money...
  7. Thanks - Club Sport looks ideal. Think I'll find myself a 250 of some sort & do it up for next season ... wonder if there are any GSXR-250-RRs around? :)
  8. You can always race your mito in the clubsport lites :p

If you like your two strokes, you can pick up a cheap RGV and race in the proddie series, not too many competitors.