Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

BT45 tyres for a cruiser?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by scottomcgotto, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Hey all!!

I need a new tyre for the front of the Virago and the tyre place suggested a 90/90 18 Bridgestone bt45.

Has anyone had experience with these tyres? I was quoted $101 for the tyre, plus $33 for fitting, which seems a little high but if it’s a good tyre I don't mind paying that much.

Any advice would be great.
  2. Was looking at a set of these for the V25 but sold it before I went ahead.

The feller at the tyre shop was a big rap for them, he said they last forever on a baby cruiser and give better grip than the ones that come stock.

Sorry I can't give you anything from personal experience, but I do remember he spoke very highly of them.
  3. Thanks Loz, I am greatful for the quick response. I have had a look at some reviews and they seem like an ok tyre, just hope I'm not paying too much for them. But I guess if they have better grip and are a safer tyre, then I could never pay too much.

Thanks again. :applause:
  4. Just a quick add on, Is $33 an ok price for fitting a front tyre? I am giving them the whole bike not just the wheel.