Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

BT021(or 023) Vs Pilot Road

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Hyssy, Sep 1, 2010.

1. So I have some birthday cash coming up in a couple of weeks and I have a nice flat spot on my current set of 021s (almost 18000ks on them and a long ride on the Hume to thank).

I'm currently torn, however. I was really impressed (especially by the life) from the 021s, but I've heard a lot of good stuff about the Michelins. The new 023s are tempting for a go too, and seem to have good reviews (bear in mind that there is a different version for heavier touring bikes, I'd be planning on getting the regular edition.)

So, I know there're two big camps on both sides. I've always had Bridgestones aftermarket (bike came with Metzellers which were horrid in the wet, have had 010s on a CBR600) and I feel a bit (undeservedly) iffy about moving to the French side.

Any suggestions? I commute daily so something a bit more tour than sport would suit me, with the slightly harder compound.

(Bike is a VFR800, '07 for what it's worth)