Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

BS or what?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Kurtis_Strange, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Guys,

I'm looking at a Z750 which is reasonably priced and looks straight from the photos, but the square mirrors have been changed to round ones, and the rear cowl cc rating stickers have been removed...

The reason according to the seller "just to make it a bit different"

I suspect its been in a crash and had a respray in the rear...

What do you think?

*edit* just thinking though...if you wanted to hide it you would get the same mirrors as a replacement...so not sure
  2. Can you visualise any scraping on the engine cases or Oggy knobs?
  3. If those are the only changes, I'd suspect the same as you do. Stickers aren't that easy to remove are they?
  4. haven't been to look at it as yet...still selling my bike.

Just being skeptical of any unusual mods to a bike I guess and wanting a 2nd opinion.
  5. Hmmm. Modifying the FZ1 is a big craze, and doesn't really mean it's been stacked. People will buy them new and start modifying with support from a few people on the web and so on (including mirrors) for things like looks and better view etc.
  6. still if youve got worries... either proceed with caution or walk away.....

when i was asking questions about a bike i was looking at the guy could not give me straight answers on a few things that he really should have known.

i concluded some of the following and walked away... i'll get a bike soon enough.

not his bike
    something not right
    he knows its crap and is trying to flog it off

take your time and yget a good one your comfortable with
  7. does he still have the original parts (mirrors)?

I am looking to upgrade a few bits on my bike, but i'll be sure to keep the OME bits, so that I can prove to a future buyer that it was not involved in any accidents.

8. Thats what I'll be asking if/when I go to look at the bike.
  9. Yup, this is what you need to look for, and any other points that are likely to get scraped in a slide. Also look for a difference in metal colour and weathering ... sometimes new pegs and bar ends looking much newer that the rest of the bike is an indication too.
  10. Long scapes from front to back indicate a stack. Small vertical scrapes indicarte that the bike fell over while stationary (eg driveway). If the guy's genuine this his story should fit the damage.