Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brown or black seat?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by QuarterWit, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Hey all!

Well, I've finally got my tank on the bike and the rims are back from the powdercoaters (the Blast Factory in Coburg North - VERY highly recommended - they masked off all the mating surfaces for the disc brakes etc. Couldn't be happier) and now I have to make a decision on seat colour.

The pic isn't ideal but it'll give you an idea of the direction I'm planning on going on. I'm still going to wrap the headers, possibly get the mufflers (not attached in the pic) ceramic coated black and a few other bits and peices powdercoated black. Sidecovers will be flat black and it'll have a fenderless kit.

20140614_110057_zpsed5235e2.

But what colour seat should I go with? It's going to be gel and slightly lower profile either way.

[​IMG]

Opinions?

2. Anything other than black is for wankers. :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  3. No, Pat, you've got it wrong, tan and brown, yup....wankers, but
    bright YELLOW...... lairs!

4. black for me

5. everything on your bike is either black or shinny metal. black seat will fit better than brown

6. Silver tank is pretty neutral but I think the black will work better with the undercarriage.

7. Brown hides the stains better.

8. iBast, I don't think you get brown trousers moments on the Bonneville! I'm kinda split. A guy on another forum did this up for me to get an idea.

brown_zpsae398eea.

Asjigidhgiajspdads can't decide.

9. black for sure. brown only for the sake of being slighly different... but wont look as good.

10. Seriously though, I like the brown

11. Black just looks better on this occasion

12. Do wear black when you ride? Brown might work if your riding gear has a more casual look about it. Also might work well with the wrapped exhaust. But if you're a blacked out rider, I reckon the tribe has spoken, and it has spoken the truth. Black it shall be.

13. My first thought was "yuck". Black it has to be.

14. Well, sorry to piss a few of you off but I went with the brown.

Bike still has a whole lot more needing to be done but here's how she sits now...

IMG_4582_zps5954856a.

IMG_4579_zps3a42913c.

IMG_4586_zps8d43cd22.

IMG_4589_zpsd14ee21b.

IMG_4577_zpsadfc5269.

IMG_4576_zps3910db05.

fcuk me dead I need to get rid of that rear fender.

Has anyone's opinion changed one way or the other?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah, even a chrome fender.

And I can still see that green bracket:sneaky:

16. Shuddddddddup

17. One of the most tasteful modern bonnies I've seen. I like the brown - you've used a material with good character, rather than a flat colour. Black would have made the bike boring. And yep, the fender could do with a change.

I am of course the last word in taste. After all, look at my avatar to see my bike...:wideyed:

18. Ha! Thanks for the kind words backmarker!

19. It's your bike so as long as you're happy with it, that'ts what matters. I would have gone with black.

20. Smaller rear fender to shift visual weight to the front, where it belongs (with that bloated engine).
    Bit more colour so the tank and seat blend in to the rest of the bike better.

Maybe... more green paint...