Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brown leather jacket with armour

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by retrorider1, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Hi guys, new to the forum so forgive me if I'm repeating noobish errors. I had a look through past threads and can't quite find one that answers this.

I'm looking for a brown leather jacket with armour (preferable elbows, shoulders and back) that has a classic/retro/vintage look about it.

I've attached an image of what I'm ideally looking for below. Price doesn't really bother me, as long as it isn't rediculous, I'm more interested in the style and colour.

Attached Files:

2. if money is no option id go with a vintage dainese jacket. google is your friend
  3. Thanks for the replies, I like the look of the Icon jacket. The Dainese would be cool if it didn't have that massive logo splashed across the front
  4. So you're looking for a brown Brando jacket?
  5. Yes but one with armour rather then just leather, I wan't a little protection
  6. When they say "pistol pockets" they ain't kidding!
    I've got a "gun metal" jacket... I guess they were only joking.
  7. i have a vintage dainese, very cool (part of 2 piece suit)
    but the armor is only soft shoulders/elbows

i have a MX pressure suit (hard+soft armour for spine/shoulders/elbows/chest & kidney belt)
    it will fit under any jacket that is not too tight
  8. You could try contacting Walden Miller for a jacket made to your specs.

Alternatively I would recommend a Furygan 'Grip' jacket in brown.
    I have the Furygan 'Forty' jacket and I'm very happy with it.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. R-Jays I think,.... used to have an aged brownish looking retro style jacket last year......check them out.

edit: found it,,,,, Aviator Jacket in Antique Brown

10. +1 to what twist and go said
  11. Thanks very much guys for the help...I think I'll probably go for the seperate armour suite as I really like the look of the jacket I found and can't quite find anything similar (I'm very picky) haha
  12. hi Retrorider1, im looking at developing something similar (distressed brown brando), ive designed about 6 different versions of it, please email me <redacted - PM instead> and ill share the idea with you.

because its in sample phase i can sell it cheap so we both win. (i get to see how it looks, you get what your after at a good rate).

looking forward to hearing from you.

more details about jacket:
    its pretty much exactly the same but more a slimmer slightly longer fitting cut so its fashion+biker mixed together. The shoulder eppauletes i had planned to remove and no side laces. The other thing i wanted to try was gold zippers.
    I have several pictures setup to show you every combination imaginable so you can see what look jumps out at you.
  13. Look up Rose leather, or if you're in Melbourne, you can find them at the Vic Market on weekends - they'll have brando jackets galore.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I'm kicking myself I didn't see this before I went ahead and purchased (I'll admit I can be on the impatient side of things when shopping for goods). I'll shoot you an email regardless and would love to see the designs you are working on. Worse comes to worse and the jacket I order doesn't fit/looks terrible on me, I'll definitely consider something made here. Again, really kicking myself for lack of patience.
  15. Apologies for reviving an old thread.

I too am looking at learther Brando jackets with amour in them for protection.

Retrorider1, where did you pick yours from?

Know of any place in Melbourne that sell them?

Thank you.
  16. He hasn't been on the forum for a couple of years so his account is probably dead. Try Mars Leathers they do a lot of the more traditional designs.
  17. Thank you.

Will check Mars Leathers and Roland Sands.