Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Bronwyn Bishop gets all revved up.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by chicken78, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Sorry guys I tried the search I know theres a thread about MPs riding bikes, but Im buggered with brain fade and cant locate it. Anyway came across this;

http://www.news.com.au/national/bro...orcycle-campaign/story-e6frfkw9-1226140764390

"I HAVE a friend called Animal," Bronwyn Bishop said listing her biker contacts just before swinging a suede-booted leg over a 1000cc Kawasaki Ninja.
    The Liberal MP this morning was a pillion passenger on a run which included bike-riding colleagues and could lead to a motorcycle gang forming in Parliament House.

Animal was a Sydney biker and Mrs Bishop met him at a charity event he had organised for disabled children.

That, and a ride she had taken to raise $8000 for another charity, was the limit of her motorbiking experience.

Was she afraid of falling off? “I never fall'' said Mrs Bishop.

The number of registered road bikes has almost doubled to more than 600,000 in the past five years, said Shaun Lennard of the Australian Motorcycle Council (AMC).

Add the riders of off-road bikes, and around one million Australians are regular users of motorcycles and scooters.

Those owners include Liberal senator Cory Bernardi who today was given a ride on Benelli, a bike well known on race circuits.

Other MPs in the run included Labor's Bernie Ripoll, the Nationals Luke Hartsuyker, and former Speaker David Hawker. Labor MP Julie Owens was another pillion guest.

The run of about 30 bikes through south Canberra was organised by the AMC, which promotes bike safety and the fact that most riders are not part of criminal networks.

Greg Hirst, author and broadcaster on biker affairs and sergeant-at-arms for the [Brotherhood] Christian Motorcycle Club said one way to do that would be to set up a motorcycle group in Parliament House.

The group could include security staff and other workers as well as MPs, and Mr Hirst suggested the name, Pollies R US.

He said there was a stereotype of the bike owner which was unfair to the majority of them who were safe and law-abiding riders, and neither “temporary Australians'' nor criminals.

2. Saw that photo and really, how can her head be that much smaller than the riders head?
    Actually there's something petite about how she looks on the photo.

Something doesn't seem right...lol

3. :-s

You worry me sometimes lol

4. Bronwyn Bishop

bishop-bronwyn.

Julie Owens

julie_larg_m1894874.

Well I think if it's going to be an annual event it should be called 'Ride-A-Ranga' day.

Bags I don't get Julia Gillard.

5. Chicken she doesn't look much bigger than an oompa loompa sitting on the back...:LOL:

6. "We're moving forward"
    Shut up Julia
    "We're moving forward"
    Shut up Julia
    "We're moving forward"
    Shut up Julia
    "We're moving forward"
    Shut up Julia
    "We're moving forward"
    Shut up Julia
    "We're moving forward"
    Shut up Julia
    "We're moving forward"
    Shut up Julia
    "We're moving forward"
    Shut up Julia

• Like Like x 3
  7. Well you boys have fun with the ginger ninja motorbike gang now ;)

Just remember it could be worse than Jilly gilly-
    Mr abbott and his budgie smugglers..

562475-budgie-smuggler-ad.

edit - chef.... infractions? is this a new diciplinary action?

8. Am I the only one who read that and thought of something like this?

rVZmT.