Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Broke my ankle 2 months ago - Finally out of the cast!!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Pommie, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

Broke my ankle just under 2 months ago. Hasn't been pleasant sitting around all day watching TV, looking outside at the glorious weather...

Anyway, finally saw the doc today, he told me to stop wearing my "boot", stop using the crutches and to start walking on it again. Woohoo! Best part is, I can finally jump back on the bike! Woot! Can't wait, will go out later and fire her up (hopefully she'll start...), then when im happy she's running ok and everythings fine, will take her for a quick blat around the area. Still gotta be careful, my foot and leg have lost alot of strength, but should be good!

Oh and my ankle getting mangled had nothing to do with riding bikes. 'twas me being an idiot...
  2. Good to see you back on your feet :LOL:.
  3. Takes a while for your foot to remember how to be a foot, but you'll get the hang of it.

Great to hear you are mobile.