Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Broke down in traffic

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by frankd, Oct 12, 2007.

1. lol on the way home it was coming up to a red light and the bike just stopped running and i rolled to a stop to find i could not get any power to the bike at all. Quickly put it on the footpath and confused why it shutdown and looks as if battery died.
    Lucky my friends cuz came past and found out a wire under the seat was squashed by the seat and touched the body to cause the blow of the fuse.

Replaced fuse and got my baby home :)

glad shes safe in the garage!

2. Well done on the cheap fix! :grin:

3. hey frankD.. you didnt happen to get your bike form somewhere near newport did you? you to see a bright yellow across parked out that direction every day whilest on the train (me not the across)

4. sometimes it's just the darndest things that leave you scratching your head innit! :wink:

5. i also blew a fuse back when i just had my L's. Cruising back frm the Gong up in the mountain during the night. Headlight cut out suddenly then started panicking coz it was pitch black (bike was still running) had to guess if im on the side of the road or not. i was only relying on the light from passing cars. I was there for about an half hour trying to figure out what happened. :(
    Back then i didnt carry any spare fuses so had to call a mate to come and help me sure enough i blew a fuse for headlight changed that then rode home. Next day bought a packet of assorted fuse to carry with me all the time

6. Glad it was so simple and not that the engine had blown up!

7. It happened to me once.

I somehow hit the kill switch and hadn't noticed.

Pull over, jumped off, checked everything before noticing the kill switch in the wrong position :oops:

8. How about stupider than that....last year on my first 'free run' after getting my license, my old GS500 suddenly spluttered and died on the winding roads of Mt Glorious.

Panicked, didn't know what happened, etc etc etc, tried everything, by chance I set fuel to Reserve and it started so I made it home. Still didn't understand what happened until the next day when I told my dad about it (I was about to take the bike to the shop).

Dad: "Umm,....you ran low on fuel".

Me: "What? No, there's still fuel in the main tank, I checked. I didn't have to use Reserve tank, I just set it to Reserve to try everything."

Dad "....there is NO Reserve tank....it's just a lower reservoir on the same tank as a warning to fill up...you were LOW on fuel..."

Me "... :oops: ..."

9. [quote="vicIt happened to me once.

I somehow hit the kill switch and hadn't noticed.

Pull over, jumped off, checked everything before noticing the kill switch in the wrong position :oops:[/quote]
    at least you didnt try push starting it for 1/2 hour first .
    :LOL:

10. D'oh! :grin:

11. Similar...but the fuel wasn't on full tank...wasn't on reserve...seems it wasn't on at ALL :p

First attempt at a night ride, bike stopped in the middle of a hill, with cars coming up my ass...

On the upside, I learnt I have more strength than I thought :p