Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Broke down in North Melbourne

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by TWOMEY, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Hello all.

I am a new poster here and to start it off on a sour note, I broke down at North Melbourne tonight on my CBR250RR when my throttle cable snapped taking a corner off Spring street.

I then had to push my bike back to Kensington (5km) as I don't have RACV.

and to top it off I have no tools here as I only moved here 6 days ago and left them all in Wangaratta.

So basically I was wondering if there is a Mobile Motorcycle repair service in Melbourne or would someone be willing to come round and do it for a slab off beer or some cash $$

Thanks guy and I look forward to lurking around here some more.
  2. Sometimes you can ride home by increasing the idle to a point where the bike will run at a moderate speed. Then take off with some judicious clutch slipping

What tools do you need?
  3. Heh.. I've found I can do about 35 or so on the zed without even needing to use the throttle; I think maybe a little bit more if it's idling high when it's cold.

Also, I'm not too far from Kensington; depending on what tools you're after, I might be able to pop over and help. Feel free to drop me a PM..
  4. I am going to drop into some shops tomorrow and see if I can sort out the transportation to get it fixed as I have never replaced a throttle cable before and wouldn't even really be sure where to start.

Ill let you know how I go with that, as part of my lease I am not supposed to work on motors etc here. But tool wise I have nothing! Need to bring them back with me next time I head up that way.
  5. Pffft all lease contracts say that... What they don't know, don't hurt them.... Unless you burn the house down or something while fixing it.... ;)
  6. park it in the lounge , right next to the tele.
    • Like Like x 1