Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Broadford Track Day - Saturday 10th February 07

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by Rush, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Just wondering if anyone was going to this. I have booked in since it is the last ride day before March that i can attend. I'm cashing in on the rain checked Day from December 9th which was canceled due to the bush fires. Would be good to see some fellow Netriders up there! :grin:

2. G'day Rush would love to go but gave up work today for the cancelled Ridetek one and working tomorrow so can't make it. Have fun, hopefully some others can make it. Let us know how you go!

3. Hiya Rush, I was there :grin:

If I'd found this before I would have said hello. I was on the Red 675 in the slow group. That was my first time at Broadford and I found the track much more challenging than PI (I don't think being sick helped) but I liked it :grin:

Hope you had a great day!

Katherine

4. Hi Tiga,

I ended up switching to the Sunday, as my mate who was helping me with trailering the bike was already booked in for that day. That was my first track day, and by the looks of the photos, I was only a few centimeters from getting a knee-down. Not bad for a Hyosung on stock tyres if you ask me! :cool: - I'll try and post some pics when I can.

Challenging, yes! I did run it wide on 'Crash Corner'. Was cross country for a bit, tried to keep it upright, got the speed down, but the combination of rocks, gravel, ditch and then steep embankment seemed to exceed my current riding ability. The bike and I are not too bad considering. Snapped the gear lever, but some of the guys I was with managed to jury-rig a bolt in it's place. I skipped one session, but got out there for the rest of them, just so I would not end the day on a bad note. Good experience and I did have fun. Hope to see you soon at another track day.

5. Its all about getting back on it after a crash. Out of 3 from the crew, you were the only one back out there after the crashes. Good shit! :wink:

6. Thanks for the encouragement Sibbo! :grin:

7. Can you guys tell me how these public access track days work? (I left a phone msg at the track number and got a cryptic voicemail reply).

Does the bike have to be road registered?
    How do you find out when the track is open?
    Do you have to be a member of a club?

etc

TIA

8. There are a number of companies which organise track days at various tracks. I did mine with Champion Ride Days. More info at the below link: http://www.championsridedays.com.au/info_pack.asp

I think that RideTek also has begun to host these events, but not too sure about them.

Of course there is always the Phillip Island ride days and cornering courses, which are meant to be one of the best around. Once again, I have yet to try this.

Good Luck. :wink:

9. Thanks Rush.

But the MV or Broadford websites mention something about public access days.