Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Broadford SuperMoto Come Try Day 2nd of August (Free)

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by MOS, Jun 10, 2014.

1. MV will be hosting a Supermoto come and try day at Broadford on the 2nd of August 2014'

This event will be free of charge including a day licence if needed.

The requirements are that bikes do not have rear knobbies
    So you can ride your dirt bike with 21" and 18"or 19" wheels but they need to have road tires
    any glass needs to be taped over or removed.

Riders will need full leathers, back protector , helmet, gloves, boots etc.
    Ambulance Victoria membership is strongly recommended.

There will be a coaching day running concurrently for experienced racers and will have a nominal fee to cover coaches costs.

Entry is via the MV web site and is FREE.
    For further details contact MV or Bruce Hill Contact details on the FB event page

There is a Facebook event HERE
    I'm happy to answer any questions on this site if there is any

Cheers,
    Ben

• Like Like x 2
  2. Can I borrow a motard? :)

That's really good, hopefully it's a good turnout.

3. #3 MOS, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    I wish I had a spare to loan out, but it is not so :(
    We're definitely hoping for a good turnout nothing like "free of charge" to motivate people :p

Something I forgot to mention in the first post, the day will be held on the supermoto circuit ie dirt (with jumps) and bitumen, I don't know if there are any plans to run the bitumen short track as well.

Please don't let this phase you if you haven't ridden dirt before the section is quite short and no harder then riding an unsealed road

If you're thinking about getting a tard or just interested to see what its all about people are welcome to come and watch and have a chat

[​IMG]
    Event poster out
    Also I have a set of 17" available for anyone with a husky dirt dike who wants to have a crack if they have all the required safety gear

4. Erg wish i had some road tyres on my drz, ebay not helping me either for cheap 2nd hand ones.

Looks like it will be a fun one!

5. I've got a set of brigstone bt45 battlax tyres in 90/90-21 and 120/80-18 that you can borrow, happy to fit them up on the day for you as well, all for free obviously.

Or you can have the set for $50 think they're about 90%+ being stored in the old mans shed atm so don't have any photos but I'm picking them up around saturday

6. Thanks mate, i've PM'd u

Cheers

7. After getting getting the road tyres on the bike, loading up on codrol to take care of the flu symptoms...

i get up, gear on, bag packed... and the bike wont start!

serves me right for not thinking to start up the bike the few nights before...

for those who went, how was it?

any pics of the day?

Gutted I missed it!

Cheers,
    Paddy

8. The day was awesome, despite staring of very cold and damp the sun came out and it was a stunner!
    44 riders out of the 70 odd expected showed up, I'll bet a fair few were scared of by all the wet weather in the lead up.
    Dirt section was to soggy from the weeks worth of rain but dried up enough for the last couple of sessions to have a crack
    Pics are up on the Supermoto magazine australia facebook page

Shame about the bike issue, hate to rub it in but you missed out on an awesome day