Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Broadford practice!

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Paul Kleinberg #64, May 29, 2008.

1. Late notice I know but there is a practice on at Broadford this Sunday.

10am to 4pm.

I've decided to do as many practice days as possible and then i am going to enter the 45 minute endurance race at the end of the year.

So yer, hopefully good weather and a few people turn up.

...Is anyone else going?

2. Going to watch the big boys racing at Winton....
  3. Lifted from the Preston MCC forum....note the changed date from previous years

Hi all

So has everyone organised their teams for the Hughie? It should be a really big event again this year and with the change of date (20-21 Sept) it should also be a little easier as the weather will be cooler.

After the first two events run in November this will be one not to miss. The close results in almost all races so far, show just how interesting an event like this can be. The unusual format has made for some very close racing as the rabbits almost always come back to the turtles.

This year will also feature the Juniors (Round 4 Vic Junior Titles & Round 3 Metrakit Series) and with the Metrakit Festival a few weeks afterwards, a great chance to see who might be going to Spain for the trials and who knows maybe even MotoGP like Dylan Marvin.

Again this year the format for the endurance races on the Sunday will be 45 minutes plus one lap with one 30 second timed compolsory pit stop for all teams (including single rider teams). No refueling in the pit stop.

Team options are:-

1. Single rider & single machine.
    2. Two riders & single machine.
    3. Two riders & two machines.

1. Buckets / Clubsport /
    2. 125&250GP / Formula 400 / **Twin Sprint & Pre-Modern Under500cc
    3. Superbike / Supersport / Pre-Modern Over500cc

Trophies will be awarded for each class as follows
    Overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 1st all C grade team.

Prize Money will be awarded to the first place getter in each class of $500.

**Twin Sprint & Pre-Modern Under500cc will be considered one class.

Heads-up...... :grin:
  4. Not this weekend Paul, need to get ready for IC3 @ Phillip Island on the 8th June. After that race there's naff all racing until September, so I'll keep my eye in at Broadford over the winter.

Broadford practice is now restricted to full MA licence holders, no one day licences are (supposed) to be permitted.
  5. is full MA licence meaning national or is a Senoir Club Licence O.K?
  6. 1st June. MV Practice Day (Minimum of Senior Club licence)

Which is the minimum you need for racing anyway (unless you do one day licences)