Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD Brissie Newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by axelF, Oct 17, 2016 at 14:08.

1. #1 doppio, Oct 17, 2016 at 14:08
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016 at 14:22
    Hey everyone, I'm picking up my first bike this week (2012 monster 659) and very excited to take her for a ride! Are there any groups around north brissie who meet regularly and are welcoming of newbies? I'm 18 and live in sandgate and would love to find a group to go on some good rides with, as well as learn how to really ride!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hi and Welcome doppiodoppio

I live at Redcliffe myself and ride every. There are a few of us who meet for regular rides so keep your eye on the events page.

I'm am always up for a ride so don't hesitate to ask.
  3. Thanks for the welcome WraithWraith

Just across the bridge from me so I will definitely hit you up for a ride soon!
  4. That's one awesome first bike! I'm a born and bred northsider but have gotten out of Qld now. There's some great roads to explore on two wheels once you get away from the suburbs and bogans. Enjoy!
  5. Thanks for the welcome guys, definitely looking forward to sussing out some of the roads beyond the 'burbs!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome,

You're getting yourself a posse WraithWraith :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Soon will have our very own club house Colonel ColemanColonel Coleman

doppiodoppio there very well well be a run this weekend coming for the northside riders.
  8. Welcome to the asylum
  9. Hi and welcome
    There are a few fb groups on the North side. Also if you go to Harry's Diner for bike night you might meet up with folk.
  10. Welcome. Just don't come back with any dRoppio stories :LOL:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Welcome to NR from Adelaide.
  12. Thanks so much for the warm welcomes! Would love to get out with a group and go for some rides! Unfortunately I'm a uni student so I have to work weekends, so anyone going during the week or in the afternoons/evenings on the weekends please let me know :)

Berek I'll try my hardest to avoid any droppios
  13. gday doppiodoppio, welcome to NR and congrats on the new ride - there are many coffee fans around here and I'm quite surprised no-one else has commented on your nic.

keep an eye on this section for local rides => QLD
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. G'day mate, congrats on the Ducati. Very nice first bike!!
    • Agree Agree x 1