Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brissie Newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Vanish83, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Hi all,
    Fresh meat to the motorcycle game! Myself and the Mrs got our provisional licenses yesterday so off bike shopping this weekend.
    Have used the great info and opinions on this site over the last few weeks already and looking forward to learning more from you all.
    One thing I did want to ask... I did read there is a "learner group" that runs in Melbourne for new and older riders looking to pass on knowledge- does anyone know if anyone or anywhere in Brisbane offers the same.

Thanks all!

2. Welcome to NR. There is not a learners group as such in Brisbane, but there are a few Brisbane based members who would probably help you out.

3. welcome aboard :]

4. Welcome aboard. Sing out if you two need a hand. Motorcycling's a great thing to do but it needs to be done well, so take your time.

5. Welcome to NR.

6. Welcome to the forum mate.....and a lifetime of addiction!

7. As above..

;)

8. Welcome Vanish. What part of BrizVegas? I am just south of the city and always looking for new mates on 2 wheels.

BTW if you or your lady are looking for a nice 250 I can steer you to a good deal on a Virago. I traded mine in 2 days ago.

9. Welcome to NR from Adelaide. The Virago 250 is a dam good bike.

10. Hey Vanish, I just had some more brain activity (2 in one day is rare) ....

Maybe we can start up such a group. I am a returned rider from a 25 year break and it would be helpful to ride with other newbies.

11. Welcome to the forum..

I'm sure you'll find like minded riders on here in your area for weekend practice sessions / rides.

12. Cheers all! And Bumble thanks for the offer will keep it in mind.
    Cheers Brand, but I'm gonna go for something with a bit more poke that I won't necessarily get bored of after the probation period. Rode 3 bikes on the weekend the XJ6 felt fantastic. Mrs looks to be leaning towards the CB500F, again a great ride and she likes the ABS.
    I like the idea of getting group together, might just need a few hours between the legs first! Will def keep it in mind as well.

13. No worries mate. I traded up to the 650 for that very reason. Let's keep in touch.

14. Welcome to NR, once you start, you'll never stop riding,