Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Brisbane]Which provider advanced riding provider

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by lbfalcon, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Hello,

My parents have been nice enough to pay for a advanced riding course as well as a braking and cornering course so i have done a bit of a search and found toprider and stayupright as provider of those courses but i cant choose between them.

Any feedback would be great thanks

2. I did the stayupright advanced course perhaps a month or two ago. If I can get the time off work I will be doing the toprider advanced course on dec 13th.

The stayupright course is a friday night for theory/ saturday for practise and is held at Mt Cotton. The track there was originally normal mountain roads so it looks and feels just like you would be normally riding.

The toprider course is a midweek (thursday) course and I believe it is held at a proper raceway. QR I think ?

I would guess the braking and cornering courses are both at QR and held midweek.

I can't compare the two companies just yet however I will say you can't go wrong with the stayupright course. There was a very wide range in the experience of people who attended from guys with 30+ years of riding to recent learners and everyone took something out of it.

Certainly improved my riding. :)