Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brisbane to Miles - Condamine

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Shaz, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Just wondering if anyone has done a ride from Brisbane to Miles and then probably staying overnight at Condamine. My partner and I were looking for a destination for our first ever 'long' ride and as my family originally comes from there I thought it would be a nice place to start. If anyone has any advice for a very new rider and her partner who has been riding for about 2 years, about long distance riding, what to take with us, what to watch out for, maybe some specifics about the roads from Brissie to Miles and then any recommendations of cheap, decent overnight accommodation in the region would be fantastic. Thanks.

2. Watch out for wildlife if riding early mornings or late arvo - lots of Roo's out there. I'd take a puncture repair kit, some tools to do basic work if required, spare air cannister for tyres, and whatever you need to be comfortable in terms of clothing and gear.

Not much at Condamine... pub and a store and not much else. The road out there is about as boring as they come too. I haven't been west of Toowoomba in years but doubt it's changed much. Flat, and straight...