Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brisbane to Maroochydoore

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by sonicbaz, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Howdy, got to ride to Maroochydoore for work to setup a network this afternoon.

Leaving in about an hour, a little nervous spending so much time on the highway, but ready for the challange.

Will post a trip report when I get up there (as long as I get the net working :wink: )

Plan on making at least 2 stops each way to stretch and refocus (ie consume chips and cans of coke :grin: ).

wish me luck :p

2. Hey Baz,

Did the trip last week. Stop at the BP at Burpengary for one, if you need a second then suggest the Ettamogah Pub.

Watch for cameras around Kalangur, usually tucked in behind the sound barriers. :shock:

Roadworks between Boundary Rd & Deception Bay Rd - most traffic only slows to 95 so keep your wits about you.

Good ride although can get boring once you're in the Pine Trees - not much to see. Traffic is generally light after Caboolture anyway - plus it's a 110 zone. :grin:

Enjoy the ride - if I didn't have to work here I'd join you. :(
  3. You're a legend Auscruiser, thanks for those tips and great road report! :cool:
  4. OK had a good trip there and back 220km.

Bum got pretty numb though. :eek:

Stopped at the BP at Burpengary and then the Ettamogah Pub. Had a bit of trouble getting back on the freeway at the Ettamogah, couldn't wind up fast enough and although I was going 100km+ a car wouldn't slow down and didn't move over, so he went right by me as I merged. :mad:

Buffeting was at times a little scary. Still uncomfortable with gusts too. My throttle hand feels a bit weak. :roll:

Bought some stretchy things to tie down my back pack, but it didn't look secure enough so I wore it the whole way.

First long range trip, would love to try the same trip on a bigger bike. :grin:
  5. You must be on the Northside - 240Km Round trip from here.

Ooops, sorry - forgot to mention that. Hence the stops. I tried riding all the way back in one shot - made it as far as the Boondall Wetlands before needing a walk break.

Mongrels. Think Karma - somebody will do it to them one day. :p

Same here..... One day.

Glad you made it back ok - I take it that the network is up and running ?
  6. Must of been the day for going north (and back) - I only had to get to Caboolture - glad you had a safe trip despite the numb bum!
  7. Man you sound like you need to get out a ride more if your bum went numb on that short trip :grin: maybe you should come with me on one of my "short" rides
  8. Yes but your on a 1100cc bike, not a little 250 screamer.

The vibrations from the engine alone at 100km/h are enough to numb your ass for a while. :D