Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brisbane Ninja

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by hackavatar, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I've been reading (read: lurking) here a while now, and figured it was time to introduce myself. I'm a 19 year old male who lives in Brisbane northside - pretty close to Petrie.

Partly due to the fact that I am a 19 year old male, I bought a brand-spanking-new 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R today - in black, of course. After a few weeks of shopping around I ended up getting it from Team Moto in Bowen Hills. Tell you what, they were pretty keen to sell me a bike. Picking up my new ride early next week.

So yeah, thats pretty much it - looking forward to getting out on some new wheels. Hope to put a picture or two up when I get it.

- Hackavatar

PS: Shout out to the two riders I met in Maccas Kenmore today!

2. Hi hack, welcome from another new member also from Brisbane n/s and a customer of Team Moto.

What time were you there today? I was there today trying to get a few things sorted on my bike which was delivered just before Xmas. What salesman served you?

Cheers
    Paul

3. Thanks for the welcome!

I arrived around 3pm today, was there until about close. I got served by pretty much everyone, Brett was the guy I was talking to the most though. If you don't mind, what is your impression and/or experience with their service/mechanic guys?

4. I was there a bit earlier - about 10am, should have only had to be there for 5 minutes, not 45 minutes and that wasn't because I didn't get served straight away.

I have not had need to use their mechanical side, but I won't be going back there for anything. I'll be finding someone else to do the first service. I've had some really poor after sales service.

5. welcome in

6. "PS: Shout out to the two riders I met in Maccas Kenmore today!"
    - hello again.

And to weigh in on the team moto mechanics discussion, I wouldn't go there for servicing. They charge approx $220 for basic service (this was the Enogerra one).. I've been told Revhedz at Acacia Ridge charge about $120.. Pity its on the WRONG side of the river.

7. Hi again, mojitohito!

Very well, I shall do some shopping around for my servicing then. I'm sure there'll be some threads here regarding reputable Brisbane based mechanics. At TM Enoggera, Liam's an asshat. Both the Geoff's seem to know what they're on about though. All the people I talked to at TM Bowen Hills were raving about how good their services are though, kept claiming how "they've got to offer something competitive" and that their "youngest mechanic is 29" and all are "very experienced".

Pro Kawasaki down on Moss St (Logan) quoted $120 for the first service, but that was probably only if I bought the bike off them.

I get the feeling I'll be eating up the first 1000km pretty quickly.

8. Hi hackavatar and welcome to Netrider (y)

9. G'day hackavatar, welcome to the nut house.

I don't know what the Springwood chapter of TM Kawa is like, but over the last 6 or 7 years I've had pretty good experiences overall at the Yamaha chapter, and they're all the one business these days, so ...

10. I must be just about neighbours with you! Can recommend a good bike mechanic at Lawnton when you need a service or any work done.

11. Welcome to NR and to riding. I remember waiting a few days for my bike - its agony isn't it?

12. Thanks all for the welcome!

Must be. Well, I'll chase you up about that in about a thousand k's then!

Thanks! Not... long... now...

Seriously, so keen though. :D

13. tmoto service was ok but yeah expensive ($200 something for the first service) i did get a few extras when I got my bike tho (but that could be cause they just opened the Virginia branch when brought it).

I' am waiting on a phone call for some warranty work atm, they should have called last week if you ask me.
    (i wont embed the image as it is a 12mp.... HUGE click the link)
    http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8332/pc290019.jpg

P.S.
    welcome to NR and iam at Zillmere, we should do a ride if this rain ever stops.

14. XLR8,

I hate to state the OBVIOUS however, PLEASE reduce the size of your pic file !
    Thank you.

15. wow your slow i did before you even posted lol

16. Just watch how 'fast' (to delete) I'll be next time you try and post a file that big :D
    Thanks for editing mate.

17. I'm hoping it does soon - I don't want to bring my new bike home in the rain. What warranty work are you waiting on? Still, if they haven't called in a week, thats pretty slack. If it wasn't a warranty job you should check out the mechanic that ametha elf recommends.

18. yeah i think they should have called by now (even if Suzuki was closed for the Xmas break) but they have not.

my upper fairing stay has no paint on it, so its rusting like the plague (see linked pic).

19. Any update on when you get the bike?

20. I was wondering how that rust managed to get there.

Yeah... given the current weather conditions, unless I'm buying a boat as well it'll probably be Friday or Saturday - however I'm starting to get really good at that patience thing...

How crazy are these floods?!