Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brisbane Mechanics

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by TJ, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Recently managed to damage baby number two, due to my own ineptitude and the vtr's seemingly patented ability for a wriggly rear end. managed to do a bit of damage to the front whilst keeping the engine block and rear intact (thanks for small mercies..). And whilst i'm okay for a few memorable scrapes and bruises for reinforcement, all i really want to do is get my bike up and running again and gett back on the beast.
    I have previous experience with pro-honda, having done qride with them and having my first bike done through them, but found them to be overly costly at times and not necissarly forthcoming with service to a 250 rider.
    My budget is reasonably constrained since i'm a uni student, so wouldnt want to be trying to deal with multiple movings ect.
    Did a search of the forums before and Tony Boggarts came up as a outstanding mechanic, but i'll need to get a new fuel tank from honda, and investigate a new front wheel, instument cluster, mirrors and possibly a light as well. Anyone able to suggest how he is with sourcing parts at reasonable prices?
    Any advice would be great.

2. Any suggestions for other places or mechanics to talk to would also be welcome?
  3. I've has some experience with Pro Honda (Rocklea in particular), and found there service...unsatisfactory to say the least. I could go into all the issues I've had with them, but I don't think its worth the effort.

Now my mechanic of choice is Brisbane Motorcycles, brisbanemotorcycles[dot]com[dot]au
    So far they have been much more friendly, reliable and more reasonably priced.

Let me know if that was any help, or if you've found somewhere else.