Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brisbane Lane Filter Protest Ride?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by CurrieMuncha, Feb 1, 2006.

1. i wanna do a protest ride much like our vic extended family have been doing. hit them in peak hour on roads with lots of lights traffics jams .

its a demonstration of what WILL happen IF motorcyclists follow the rules

they are getting shirts simple and clear

LET ME

anyone up for it

obvisously its not gunna work with only 5 or 10 of us so we will need a big turnout

not sure of date or road i need to see your opinions first
    who's in/out/when?where etc

feedback please
  2. Heh, well I don't filter as it is (no confidence to), so if you want me to wear a sticker or something that says that I'm happy to - everytime I go out and ride I get to "spread the awareness" :)
  3. I'd be keen on participating but its just a matter of getting enough people to show.
  4. Give some thought to whether you want to put 'split' or 'filter' on your shirts - we might get the difference but joe public may think your protesting about better access to coffee :)
  5. I'd be up for the ride, but I don't think the shirt's going to do any good, as I don't squid. And unless it's seen on a person on a bike, it loses context.

Maybe the way to get Joe Cager to recongnise what filter means would be do a little logo or something?
  6. wear it over your gear :p
  7. Wearing a t-shirt over gear would have to kinda suck :p And yes, most cagers don't know what "late splitting" or "lane filtering" is, or even if there is a difference between the two. They just see it as crazy dangerous bikers sitting between cars. A logo or picture or something would be much more effective...
  8. i took that idea from the vic or or the sydney post of the protest ride.

they had a big yellow square (like a safety sign) with a pic of 2 cars and a bike filtering

dunno how expesive it is tho

any ideas on roads to take on.

and on numbers i dont know many riders but i guess if we get some momentum we can get those we do know to pass the word on.

maybe bike shops.