Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brisbane Drive-in night

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Fabes, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinging the idea of a night at the drive-in.

The above web site is a schedule for up and coming features. I was thinking we could park the bike and sit at the front of the cafe as a group.

I guess we pick a feature, then a night.

2. great idea fabes.......haven't checked dates and features etc but count me in.......now that i know i can ride at night it won't be quite so scary.....

3. I think it's a fantastic idea Fabes. I knew I should have held onto the panel van.
  4. We need to decide on a date and feature as this post was relocated to here.
  5. What about scheduling one when us Vics are up there?

Is there one say half way between Gold coast and Brissy?
  6. i'd vote for during the time they are showing pirates of the caribbean and wild hogs:

sometime during the two weeks from thursday 24 may to wednesday 6 june

but then, there's also oceans 13
    grindhouse looks interesting - but would i be game to ride home afterwards?
    or shrek - gotta love a big green ogre

that's my 2c worth
  7. hey there woodsy, do you wanta add that to the planning thread? the yatala drivein is half way between and is bike friendly.....
  8. Thursday 24 May till Wednesday 30 May
    Field 1 7pm
    Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End M PLUS
    Wild Hogs M
    Field 2 7pm
    Spiderman 3 M PLUS
    Perfect Stranger M

Thursday 31 May till Wednesday 6 June
    Field 1 7pm
    Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End M PLUS
    Wild Hogs M
    Field 2 7pm
    TBC M

Gates Open Sat 5.30pm
    $13 Adult - $10 Seniors $7 Child Kids under 6 FREE

We could possibly try saturday 26th may.
  9. There was only one reason I went to the drive in as a young man, how do you pash on a motorbike? :smileysex: :smileysex:
  10. well if you don't know how on earth am i gunna find out??????

11. Nice idea Fabes. I love my nite riding and love my drive ins. :grin: Altho I wouldn't be expecting the action if I went with you lot. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Just kidding, love you all :!:
  12. surely the FJR's got more room and better upholstry than a panel van?!?
  13. Not the one I had Cuvy (and fabes can back me up on this)

Bedford CF Van (ex PMG that's Post Master General, what Australia Post was called when I was a little fella). Blue crushed velvet interior, teardrop bubble windows in the back, quadrophonic sound system, front spoiler with HQ front and rear bumpers, holden 186 motor and dragway mags. It was a total chick magnet.

aaaaaaahhhhhhh!...the good ole days :grin:
  14. now you guys are makin me feel like i missed out on somethin......i only ever went to the drive in with my mum and dad :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.