Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Bris] Motorcycle maintenance course

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Kojihama, Sep 28, 2010.

1. hey all,

Does anyone know of any courses for basic motorcycle maintenance and has done one they would recommend?

2. #2 17SJS, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    What bike are you on these days mate?

Dunno bout courses, but depending on what you want to know I may be able to help out...
  3. Hey Jared! Moving onto a Street Triple R (tomorrow!) and just really want to learn how to do really basic stuff like tighten the chain and oil changes.
  4. G'day Kojihama,

I did a weekend (two-day) course at St. George and Sutherland Community College here in Sydney.

Really focussed on the basics - typical student was somebody who knew how to make a spanner work, but wanted to DIY some basic things like bike inspections, oil changes, air filters, brake pads, chain tension, and so on.

Great value and great instructor (John Cane), left me pining for an intermediate version of the same course to move on with.

But looks like you're in Brissy, so you might need to hunt for an equivalent.

To me, it seems like there's very little around that's in between a weekend intro and an 800+ hour Certificate III! What's a keen novice to do!