Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bright Camping Trip Report

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Foxy, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Well what can I say,

The weather was awesome, the company fantastic and the roads were great fun,

you could almost compare them to Reefton hey Roderz
    :LOL: :p :LOL:

Debs had the chance to try out her Gyro hand camping style :p .

Minna lived up to her title as FireFling.

Lucky we had Derick there with his first aid kit cause some of them burning coals came a bit close for comfort. Did you bring the kitchen sink as well??? If not well thats the only thing you didn't bring :LOL:

Orlando got a chance to open up the SV......I swear if it weren't for the gearsac you would of had that Bussa :LOL: :p :LOL:

I believe that fun was had by all esp on the first night by Thundercat (hope you remembered to use Mitchelin rubbers) lol.

Thanks Mitch for the lift into town, never new a 4x4 could coner that well without rolling.

Kym is still red in the face, not sure if thats from the three nights of gutter talk or the sun burn she coped.

As for me, what can I say...I took Roderz place of becoming a garden gnome on the side of the road after playing chicken with a camper van

Camper Van = 1 Foxy = Bent Bars and broken gear lever

On a serious note thanks to all that attended and made the four days an enjoyable experience. Thanks to all that helped me out after my off esp the girls for stopping and Orlando for the make shift gear lever....just getting the hack saw out to customise the brake lever as we speak lol.
    Special thanks to Kym who sacrificed the ride to drive all our gear up in the car. Next time we'll make sure that you are on the bike :)

Now to do some stretching before you all belt me one after all those comments I've jus made :LOL: :p :LOL:

Cheers

Foxy

2. Yeah Matty it was a great weekend with lot's of laughs. I'm still coming to terms with the "cone of silence" though, I don't have a clue what Roderz was talking about. :LOL: :LOL: :p :p :LOL: :LOL:

Hope your "war wounds" heal up quickly.

Thanks to everyone who went, I hope you all had as much fun as I did.

Orlando.

3. Hey, was not me.... I always use Mitchelin tyres, best on the market... Very predictable.

4. Yeah thundercat's rubbers were quite bald by the end of the weekend, they certainly got a good workout. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Orlando

5. I had a great weekend. Thanx to Foxy and Kym for organising it and I look forward to the next weekend away :D

6. Man you are so clueless.....but then again I wouldn't have a clue, but Roderz would :LOL: :p :LOL:

7. A very big thanks to Foxy for arranging it. And to Kym who sacrificed her pillion seat to become a cager for the rest of us. And to all who put my tent up. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Oh well, at least the ride to Mt Beauty and around satisfied her especially the laugh we got upon arriving to Mt Beauty from Tawonga South (about 10 metres away :shock: ) :LOL: :LOL:

And Foxy, don't forget about the makeshift gear lever made from the amazing Suzuki tool kit. 8)

As for the belting you up Foxy, I'll happily do that...just a sec while I stretch ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

8. Weather was fantastic and so where the roads, except the ball bearing status at Mt Hotham thanks to some fresh gravel.

Big word up to Foxy for organising and Kym for caging our stuff up there.

Thanks to Firefling for letting me share her tent.

Thanks to Orlando for showing me the road between Swifts Creek and Bruthen.

Everyone else thanks for the laughs and company. Had a great time.

Getting fresh rubber (on the rear wheel) tomorrow so I will be ready to go! Damn have to start work on those chicken strips again.

9. Alcohol is such a bad friend. And that's all I have to say about that...

All up this weekend I've had to tighten the buggered chain 3 times, and the last time it was at full adjustment.

You're not supposed to ride a bike hard when it has a buggered chain and front sprocket are you? By the time I got back through the city, I could feel the chain slipping over links. I know I'm a lucky Roderz...

Bike is now off the road waiting on new sprockets and chain to be installed.

Great work Foxy and Bella, with a special thanks to Bella who made the sacrifice to cage it up with a non-100% cage to cart all our gear.

I think it's safe to say that a good time was had by all among some great company, both when riding and drinking.

Congratulations on the Mitchelins thundercat, bad luck with the 'Busa Twin Pilot, eyes open for the camper vans Foxy, stay off the juice MrOkimura, take the time to stretch firefling and don't forget to do up those nuts flipper.

Oh, and yes, some of those roads did remind me slightly of Reefton Twin Pilot. Maybe I should go take another look at Reefton to be sure...

10. YES! Those pics are A LOT better than the NY's eve ones that I saw. Much more respectable pictures there. Well done!

11. Gearsack nuts

12. What is it about trips to Bright and DUCKS???

At least you guys got pics of real live ones, ours were just 1000 odd of the yellow plastic variety, floatin down the river...

13. :LOL: :LOL: Actually Karen, Derek and I actually bought tickets in the duck race this year. We didnt get our arses into gear quick enough to go see the race but we didnt win anyway :? :twisted:

14. Thanx Blackboy, I'm sure there are more pics floating around.
    But I will say, if ANYONE decides to copy ANY of my pics to their own webspace and place defamatory comments next to them, I WILL be taking further action. :evil: :evil: :evil:

15. Hey Debs,

Have they been scaled down for web or are they the original resolution? Also can I email you the ones I took, so you can add them in,

Cheers
    Foxy

16. Foxy, I uploaded them straight to the web, although they are reduced to under 250kb. Email me your pics and I can include them to the page as well. Same goes with anyone else who took pics.

17. Hrmm, so that's what I look like asleep, all sweet and innocent O:) :p :p 8) :twisted:

Got a few pics to upload too. I'll drop by and download them on your pc tonight.