Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bridgestone tyres in Canberra

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by The Snow Dog, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Does anyone know off the top of their head who stocks Bridgestone tyres in Canberra? I know CMC don't.

2. Try TJ's in Braddon.

19 Lonsdale St. 6247 6804
  3. Thanks RC but not there, or anywhere else I inquired. FWIW, it seems that Bridgestone have become so difficult to work with that they're being abandoned en masse. :S
  4. Why do you say that, do you have some industry knowledge? I bought a new tyre from a dealer in Newcastle a couple of months ago, rode in off the street at about 4:30 and rode out a bit after 5:00 with a new BT-021; he had racks full of them......
  5. No, I'm just an average punter. But I've now had about half a dozen shops tell me the same rough story over the last six months about them being "difficult" and I don't consider it polite to push them on it.

Six stores does not really constitute 'en masse', of course, but one of the blokes today went as far as to say "even the big stores aren't stocking them anymore".

I'm curious if anyone has any idea of the complete story.
  6. I have a BT-014 on order at the moment, so I'll be interested to see what happens. I hope there ISN'T a problem because Bridgestone is one of the very few manufacturers who make 16" tyres.....

further to......

according to the Bridgestone web-site, the BT-014 no longer exists. Only the BT-016, which is much softer, is available in 16". Of course, they didn't tell my mechanic that :roll: They tried to sell her a BT-016 without discussing the differences, I told her to cancel the order. I'm very disappointed, as a supplier they should support the dealer, not sell her into a hole like that.
  7. I used to get mine from "Joe's bike wreckers" in fyshwick, but that was a few years ago