Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brick rider from Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by rosscopeeco, Mar 19, 2013.

1. G'day,
    Rossco from Sydney. I have owned a K100 for the past 17 years, 10 years of which it was sitting lonely and neglected in the garage.
    It has been bought back to life recently and I am enjoying riding again after a long break.
    My ulterior motive for joining this site is to promote a ride we are organising for the 30th anniversary of the K100.
    Hopefully I can work out how to put that information up on the events page.

Thanks

rossco

• Like Like x 1
  2. welcome bloke *tips hat*

3. Welcome mate. Get some more pics up of the bike. (y)

4. Welcome

5. Seems I have failed to meet the minimum requirements to post a picture. Hopefully in 2 days time and with a like or 2 I will be able to show you something.
    I actually have 2 K100s
    The first I purchased in 1995 is an ex police 1986 recently converted to naked.
    A month ago I bought a K100/2 or Basic from a guy on QLD.
    Reason was to sell my bike and keep the /2, but I like my bike a lot better so I am cleaning up the /2, selling the horrible Krauser fairing and hopefully around May putting the bike up for sale.
    Seems the /2 is fairly rare with only 1300 ish made world wide.
    Thanks for the welcomes.

rossco

• Like Like x 4
  6. Forgot I was on this site. Not sure if I am allowed to post this here or there is a better place, but the K100 has just turned 30 and to celebrate the BMWTCNSW is hosting a bit of a K100 celebration as part of their Far Cairn rally on Sept 20 weekend at Tottenham NSW.
    If you got a BM and want to tag along, the more the merrier.
    Tottenham is the town closest to the geographic centre of NSW. Woohoo.

7. Oh. Hmmm. Confusing. Seems I replied to my own post. And I just did it again.

8. HMMMM welcome to the forum, now stop giving us BM riders a bad name, answering your own posts tsk tsk, them other lot will start thinking we're all loonies:) ;)

9. welcome to NR, try the events thread :)