Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

breakfast, lunch stops on Hume Highway

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Dr_Bootman, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Hi all,

Could somebody recommend me nice places for breakfast and lunch on Hume Highway ?
    I am planning a trip to Melbourne tomorrow and back on Monday.

Any additional suggestions about good fuel stations and other things would be nice to hear too!

2. Long track cafe @ Jugiong is ok. Something different from maccas!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Seriously, why the hume?

Coast road has access to plenty of good detours, well worth a day extra for the journey.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. If you're coming down the Hume, you could try the bakery at Holbrook.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nice places to eat on the Hume? Don't bother! That road's a waste of a day, so you might as well just slam down some quick and easy junk food at a servo when you fill up.

BTW: please don't forget to start a thread to introduce yourself in the "welcome/birthday" area: the regulars don't like it when people rock up and start asking questions without introducing themselves. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The Cafe at Jugiong is good as is the bakery at Holbrook.

It's been very long time but in Glenrowan (not the shrine of the clown) there is/was a couple of nice cafes.
  7. Hi all again,
    sorry for the delay )
    I want to say thank you to all helpful suggestions.

coffee, cake and submarine... it was a nice pit-stop. Thanks mate!

yep, it was my second choice to save time, thanks!
    BTW: created short topic in welcome area )

I just had 3 free days of long weekend, next time it will be definitely the coast road.

short report:
    Sydney->Melbourne; 2 nights in Melbourne; Melbourne->Sydney
    I did it on GW250

I leaved Sydney at 5 am on Saturday. It was REALLY cold near Yass. I decided to leave Melbourne later to ride during the day.
    the road was nice in general, just a couple of showers. the same is a true for a back trip.

I was limited by my green plate to 100 km/h, so the trip could be faster in other conditions.
    I didn't expect higher fuel consumption of my moped on a highway and it was my fault.
    I usually have about 3.5 in city, on a motorway it was about 4.2. it was a cause to make additional stops for filling the tank.

thanks all and enjoy a ride
    • Like Like x 1