Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Braking System

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by biceps, Oct 7, 2006.

1. I've been reading up on all the various guides, posts as well as the service manual on how to service the braking system (cleaning the phyiscal components, lubricating specific parts, bleeding, toping up fluids etc).

My only concern is, i have some understanding on what i have to do, but im still not confident with it. Does anyone know of a 'fool proof guide'? Or even better, is there anyone that is in Sydney and is going to service their braking system any time soon?

I was tossing up between getting it done by a mechanic, and doign it myself. Because im new to bikes, i would like to do it myself to get a better understanding of how everything works.

2. Get a hold of a CBR250 service manual. It will run you through the necessary steps. Actually when it comes to doing fluid changes you could get hold of any service manual for a bike that uses hydraulic brakes, they will be almost identical.

Brake fluid change is a simple task made infinitely easier if you have the proper tools, namely, a piece of tubing that fits snugly over the fluid nipple.

Damn it! Once again if I had a bike I would say 'sure, pop over to my place and we'll do it'. Damn, there is nothing more pathetic than a bikeless rider.

*Puts on full gear to watch downloaded MotoGP*