Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brakes

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Arjo_Savage, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Still trying to figure my bike out.. its a kawasaki zx2r 250cc 1988 and it has a dial on each handlebar with the numbers 1 through to 5 on it.. can someone explain what these dials are and what they do please?

2. You mean a dial at the hinge of the levers? If yes, then these are lever adjusters.

Put up a pic maybe?

3. Sounds like reach adjustment. The different numbers represent different distances between the bar and the lever - try them all to you find what's most comfortable for you.

4. So does it adjust the strength of the brakes when i apply them?? ie: pull on the brakes a lil and i brake hard?

5. No, it simply adjusts how far the lever sits from the bar. It's a comfort thing.

The only effect it might have on the strength or operation of your brakes/clutch is if you adjust it in toward the bars too far and you can no longer get full effect before the lever hits your other fingers/bar. Shouldn't be the case though.