Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brake springs on my GS500

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Marcus61, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Greetings. I discovered a spring hanging from behind my rear brake pedal (of my 2007 Suzuki GS500). Its in roughly the same place as the larger spring which returns the brake pedal. This one is in place and operating okay, but I can't work out where to put back the smaller one. Any help - especially a diagram - on replacing the spring correctly will be appreciated.

2. Most likely activates your brake light, usually near/parallel to the master cylinder.

Can you post a pic?

Welcome to Netrider BTW!
  3. For sure the brake light activator. Should be a strait bit that connects to the switch. Good fine that one. Most brake light switches are plastic so it might be broken. Get it fixed quick. Its not the fine so much as the pain when being hit from the rear.
  4. Thanks guys. Knowing it's the brakelight switch is very helpful. I've been trying to find a diagrammatic on the net, but without success. I only discovered it by chance this morning, so no time to get a really good look in the light. Will get a photo tonight.

Discovered when taking photos to support a stoush with "a well known battery sales franchise" over a dodgy battery that's leaked on my bike and ruined my near new boots! But that's another story altogether .....

Thanks for the welcome ... it's actually "welcome bacK', just haven't been here for a while.
  5. Just had a look at mine and confirm the smaller spring goes to the brake light switch which is just below the master cylinder. The diagram in the link above doesn't show both springs.