Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brake Problems....on my Spada

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Untame_me, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Guys,

I've been asking everybody who cared to listen....

My spada got a brake bleeding done in mid March, another one 2 weeks ago (end of May).....but it's getting spongey real quick....

When I brake at slow speed, I can hear *grrowl grrowl* sound, like there's air in them already.

What else could be wrong, or can be replaced?
  2. Air in the lines and noise don't go together.
    Noise means mechanical.
    Pads or disks....possibly clips or spring-plates not correctly installed or missing.
    Air makes the brakes feel spongy.
  3. Or bent disks can make the brakes feel spongy as well...

if the disks are thin (well under size) they can warp by themselfs when hot... this also can give a growl grrowl noise... especialy towards the end of braking when you are doing real slow but still appying the brakes quite hard... (difficult to explain something I'm expiriancing every time I brake I'm down to 2mm on my disks)
  4. What are disks?

I know that the brake pads (front and back) still have plenty to go.
  5. disks are the big metal round things that the brake pads grab onto. they can wear and warp
  6. I had a similar problem, only at low speed, only with back brake. Brake disc was warped. I had replaced the brake pad before then, but with the warped disc wore the brake pad through in a month.

Wasn't a growl, growl noise, more of grind, grind noise, but a long grind noise.