Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brake pads for my 03 vtr250. Where and how much?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by parko, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Hi All!

Cleaning my vtr250 this w/e and I decided to get down and check out the brake pads... managed to remove them and lo and behold! The front pads are worn down to the wear mark! (Thought they might be a bit thin :) ). Anyway, I'm new to bikes and was wondering where would be the best place to get new ones... and how much should I be looking at? Also are there different pad brands avaliable that are "better" than others? I rang Peter Stevens in the city (Melbourne) and got a quote from Luke for $35.45.

Cheers All!
    :p

2. Depending on where you are you can try either Bikemart in Ringwood or Metro Honda in Ringwood too...I have had good experiences with both of them

3. New brake pads + Daytona 675 Triple at PS

Well, I ducked in to PS on the way home from work and picked up a pair of the pads they were selling ($35). Fitted them tonight, bit of a tight fit as they are certainly thicker that the ones I've been riding with :grin: Anyhow... while at PS, I couldn't help notice the new Daytona Triple 675 were in, there was a red and mustard one on the floor. The red looked like it was prob. a demo (rego on it, shined up, and scuffed tyres), and the mustard was brand new, recently sold (deduced by the "SOLD, do not sit" sticker :p ). What a beautiful bike! And perhaps the seat height won't be so bad for a guy of my height given that it appears quite thin. The bike is certainly noticeably skinner than the other 600/700's on the floor making it look like a sleek bullet! :cool: :grin: Very jelous of undii...