Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brake pad question

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by geeth, Jul 5, 2010.

1. I don't think my pad brakes have long left in them, as they are wearing close to the minimum thickness. I have started looking at pads to replace mine will. I am not to sure what to get.
    I know my current ones are HH slintered and it's easy to find other ones like that, but there are different compound etc.

Most of my riding is commuting, but I do like my twisties.

Any suggestions?

Crap, wrong section. Can I please get a move.
  2. Any of the main brands have pads suitable for most mixed riding...ie Ferodo, Bendix, Metalgear, Galfer, DP, EBC, ...the list goes on.. most have different compounds and constructions within their range to suit the different uses.
    * Race pads are generally LESS suitable for mixed commuting/road riding, being designed to work best at extreme operating conditions and temperatures....conditions you would not normally experience in road riding.

google - motorcycle brake pads

Some on here even swear by ebay generics, not that I am one of them..
  3. whats wrong with the sort you have worn out? if nothing, get those again. you know how they will work re feel and power.
  4. HH means sport/track sintered pads. You'll be fine with just regular sintered pads, and you should get more use out of them :)
  5. HH pads will wear your rotors faster than sintered pads, and are pretty unneccesary unless you are racing. I use MetalGear sintered pads, and they work well and don't wear the rotor too much. They are also pretty cheap.