Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brake Light??

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Ferret, Aug 28, 2006.

1. i have just noticed that my misses vtr brake light doesn't work when applying the front brake. the back works fine though. when applying the front the relay clicks as normal. what could be the prob - a fuse??? haven't checked that yet

2. Or it could be something as simple as a blown bulb. The cheapest and easiest fix, I would try that first.
  3. isn't both brakes (front and rear) connected to the one bulb element??
  4. I had that with my old CB250, turned out to be the switch in the lever assembly. It was pretty much a generic Honda switch used on heaps of models, around $17 from a dealer.
  5. Haha I'm an idiot! Boy I didn't think that one through.

Try inspecting the fuses located underneath the seat, they are easily to pull out and check for a blown fuse.

6. i am hoping a fuse is all it is - just didn't have the time to check it last night
  7. I reckon it would be unlikely for the front brake to have its very own fuse independant of anything else (could be wrong though). Far more likely that it's either the switch in the lever as Spectre suggested or something as simple as a loose/faulty connection somewhere. Easy to check if you can get your hands on a multimeter, just check the resistance across the switch with brake on and off - no difference and it's a faulty switch, if it is changing then the problems elsewhere (doesn't hurt to check all the fuses first though).
  8. Of course.
  9. They probably share the same fuse if there is any.