Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

brake light issue on gs500f?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by qbnspeedfreak, Jan 11, 2007.

1. i dont know if any1 else has this problem on the gs but i noticed the other day with light pressure on the rear brake my brake light does not light up? any1 had anything similar and/or knw a solution 2 this?

2. But it lights up with more pressure? Sounds like it's simply down to a little too much resistance in the switch - most likely the connections on the switch and/or the contacts inside the mechanism itself have corroded slightly and need a clean.

3. Does it happen on both levers?

The take up point for the switch, on the rear lever is adjustable.

4. nope just the rear

found the adjustment now i just need 2 know how on earth am i supposed 2 get at it my hand can not possilby get at that and cant get a spanner 2 it either

5. Don't you just love Japanese bike designers?

They should give them all a basic tool kit and they should be told to go and maintian some oldish, High-k bikes with the use of a bike hoist.

6. Actually, most Japanese bikes are well designed from a maintenance perspective.
    Your switch should have plastic nuts for adjustment.... or a way of disconnecting the lead and turning the body of the switch. Alternatively, removing one simple part, such as the brake lever, should give you good access.