Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brake Fluid Reservoir Mod

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by domtzj, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Does anyone know how to go about modifying your break fluid reservoirs to tubes. I've seen this on a few bikes and was wondering how to make one and install it.

2. modifying to what end? I think you may need to explain what you're trying to achieve with this mod before anyone can answer. What is it you've seen on other bikes? Any pics?

3. I believe what you're looking for is a new master cylinder with a remote reservoir, something like this:

Once you've separated the reservoir from the master cylinder itself, you can replace that reservoir with one of those bent transparent tube things you see on customs here and there - I imagine that as long as you've got a remore reservoir system you can replace the reservoir with pretty much whatever you want.

Buggered if I could find any pictures of those tube reservoirs, but I'm pretty sure I know the ones you mean. The blokes at www.streetfighters.com.au might be able to help out further.
  4. If you mean the rear brake one, it's made by HRC and you can find it in many bike stores (online), as well as on eBay.