Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

brake calipers hornet 600

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by peterb, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Hi guy`s,

I got myself a hornet about 3weeks ago, it’s a '98, but not too impressed with the front brakes, so was thinking about changing the callipers.
    Anyone knows which 6pots might fit or if the blue spots from the r6/1, would be hard to fit, don’t might to adjust a bit, but would like to know how much needs to be done.

So if anyone has some information on this, let me know,

2. What is it about your brakes that you don't like?
  3. Dont get good response and dont brake hard enough, i have had many other quiker bikes with better brakes and better response, thats why i would like to change a bit, also planning some track days and like to brake late, very late :twisted:
  4. Have you considered fitting braided lines?
    Unless you know the calipers are at fault, I'd be fitting lines, flushing the brake fluid and rebleeding.
    Another option is your brake pad compound. They may be soft. Try sintered or platinum ?
  5. i didnt think the H6's brakes were bad. considering it is a sports tourer after all.

i'd be doing what Vin said, new braided lines, new fluid, and get some decent pads in it. i think too many people jump to the conclusion OEM parts are crap, without exploring other options before going to the trouble of swapping major components.
  6. Pads and fluid need a change, I reckon. It's a good place to start.

While you are changing pads, clean the pistons.