Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brake and clutch lever adjustment

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by ozego, Nov 29, 2006.

1. I want to adjust the brake and clutch levers on my GPX. The clutch lever has too much free play and I want to pull the brake lever back a bit to make it easier to cover.

It doesn't look immediately obvious to me how adjust the levers. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice before I start breaking things.
  2. Cheap bikes generally don't have adjustable levers.

I don't think your going to be able to adjust the brake lever.

The clutch may be adjustable if it has a wire clutch. If it has, then it's just a matter of adjusting the screws on the lever and/or on the engine case.

Be carfull not to over adjust it. Too far out and will slip and too far in and you wont be able to change gear.

If it really bothers you, then you may be able to take you levers to a parts shop and youmight be lucky enought to find levers off different model that are adjustable, that fit your bike.
  3. mate had the same problem with my gpx the clutch lever can be adjusted as mentioned above, having the manual helps if you have never done it before.

as for the brake lever i bought a replacement (zzr600 uses compatible lever) please refer to thread:

good luck
  4. Bummer about the brake lever, but thanks for the info.